Do you love to plan, organize, facilitate, and want to contribute to maximizing program operation solutions?
Are you searching for meaningful work in the Cyber Operations arena?
Are you passionate about working in a fast paced, dynamic environment?
Do you like contributing to project and program management?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to help us manage day to day internal and external Program obligations. As a member of our team, you'll contribute to the overall success of the program and Mission Area. You will be joining a hardworking team of engineers and scientists who are tackling the biggest Cyber challenges we face today. We are passionate about the work we do and strive to deliver high quality and timely products to our sponsors. We aim to foster a highly collaborative, fulfilling, and fun environment.
As an Operations Coordinator...
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide operational, management, and administrative support across all areas of Program execution
- You will work in conjunction with the Program Manager (PM) to identify operational priorities (Schedule, Risk, Quality, Communications, etc.) and develop approaches to ensure priorities are addressed. Monitor milestones and ensure ontime delivery of contract deliverables. Aid in the development of standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure project deadlines are met and sponsor requirements satisfied. Analyze and detect potential deviations in project plans based on the latest information available.
- You will prepare and organize information for internal and external program and project reviews, including developing content and performing editorial review of technical materials prepared by technical staff. Plan, coordinate, and support meetings and conferences/seminars for both internal and external participants and sponsors. Interface with sponsors and their representatives to collect presentation information, ensure clearances are prepared, coordinate scheduling, reservations and all other logistics, and attend meetings to prepare summary and note action items.
- You will work with other JHU/APL organizations (security, quality, communications, contracts, etc.) to coordinate various levels of support and ensure successful execution.
- You will help to establish and manage the proposal development timeline in conjunction with the Financial Manager. Coordinate technical inputs and applicable technical review. Responsible for the overall quality of the final submission.
- You will partner effectively with the Financial Manager (FM) to foster a highly communicative and collaborative business operations team. Support the FM in monitoring the financial status of the program if required.
- You will develop an understanding of the technical work being performed by the program and be able to adequately convey the methodology, impact, and importance to others. Assist in the development of the Statement of Work (SOW) and ensure adherence to the SOW through coordination with the PM and technical teams.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS Degree in a business related field. Four years of relevant professional level experience may be substituted for degree.
- Have 3+ years of experience with proven successful performance in progressively increasing program administrative support or technical support positions
- Are skilled in MS Office to include MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Are willing and able to work on dynamic projects, have the ability to prioritize numerous concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, and work occasional extended hours or travel as needed
- Hold an active Top Secret level security clearance and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have experience in tracking/updating project schedules, milestones, and deliverables
- Are knowledgeable and experienced with APL financial management systems and processes
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.