Job no: 496734
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Nanomaterials group of Professor Yury Gogotsi (http://nano.materials.drexel.edu ) is seeking a post-doctoral associate to work on a research project related to biomedical applications of MXenes and investigation of these materials in biomedical systems ranging from epidermal electronics to dialysis.
This position requires a strong experimentalist with demonstrated experience in characterization and application of biomaterials, as well as general understanding of biomedical devices and systems. The selected candidate should have prior knowledge on biomaterials. Experience with 2D materials/nanomaterials and their application in biomedical devices is a plus.
Candidates must have a PhD in bioengineering, chemical engineering, materials science, or a closely related field.
This appointment is offered for one year with the possibility of extension up to 3 years.
This position with the University is supported fully by external funds; therefore, this offer, and the continuation of your employment are contingent on receipt of those external funds.
- The research will involve investigation of biomedical properties and applications of MXenes in various biomedical devices. Other duties include but not limited to writing reports and managing the research project.
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate students.
- Participate creatively in refining program directions.
- Presentations at national/international meetings and publication of scientific results in high profile peer-reviewed journals are expected.
- Applicant must have a PhD in bioengineering, chemical engineering, materials science, or a closely related field (all degree requirements must be completed prior to starting this appointment!)
- 2 years of experience is required.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and be able to interact effectively with a broad range of colleagues.
- This position requires a strong experimentalist with demonstrated experience in characterization and application of biomaterials, as well as general understanding of biomedical devices and systems.
- The selected candidate should have prior knowledge on biomaterials.
- Experience with 2D materials/nanomaterials and their application in biomedical devices is a plus.
- This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
- Applicants should attach, in a single file, a statement of their research expertise, curriculum vitae, and contact information for references.
Advertised: Sep 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend