Do you thrive at building and leading teams, coaching staff to increase their impact, and charting the strategic focus of your organization?
Are you eager to apply your leadership skills and knowledge of RF seeker technology, radar signal processing, and RF system modeling to build the new RF seeker section and provide RF seeker technical leadership in the Precision Strike Mission Area?
Are you passionate about a career serving our warfighters by equipping them with the weapons and systems they need to prevail on the modern battlefield?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our APL team.
You'll be joining our hardworking, multidisciplinary team of engineers and subject matter experts dedicated to developing the innovative missiles and hypersonic weapons critical to success within complex, future battle spaces. Specifically, our cadre of seeker engineers are focused on developing, modeling, analyzing and testing innovative RF seekers critical to closing complex kill chains. You will directly collaborate with world-class engineers working in related technical domains such as guidance, navigation, control, and target tracking. The weapons that we develop are vital to maintaining the U.S. Department of Defense’s technological advantage over adversaries. Our culture seeks to maintain highly reciprocal team environments that value inclusivity and diversity of thought in order to unlock and facilitate every staff member’s ability to express their technical creativity and innovation.
As RF Seeker and Sensor Section Supervisor...
• Your technical contributions will be focused on developing, modeling, and assessing RF seeker concepts for strike weapons, including air-breathing and boost-glide hypersonic weapons, as well as RF sensors used in non-seeker systems and platforms.
• You will establish and execute a strategy focused on positioning your team to provide impactful contributions to current and future RF seeker and sensor engineering tasks within the Force Projection Sector.
• You will lead and coach the staff in your section toward achieving RF engineering excellence with a bent toward innovation by creating a culture of collaboration, inclusivity, and continual self-improvement.
• You will recruit and hire RF engineers and scientists that share your section’s technical vision, commitment to excellence and drive to innovate.
• You will build strong relationships with APL program offices and external sponsors in order to understand sponsor needs and establish sponsored programs aligned with your section’s technical capabilities. The insight you gain will assist you with developing your team’s technical skills and experience consistent with current and future sponsor needs.
• You will stay informed of cutting edge RF technologies in order to lead your section in the development of next generation RF seeker and sensor technologies.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
• Possess a MS degree in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or a related field.
• Have 10+ years of radar engineering experience.
• Possess excellent knowledge in one or more of the following technical domains: radar modalities such as SAR and MTI; radar waveforms; electromagnetic wave propagation; RF antennas and beamforming; radar signal processing; and/or automatic target recognition.
• Have RF modeling and simulation experience.
• Have leadership experience.
• Possess a final Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
• Possess a PhD in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or a related technical field.
• Have experience with developing integrated missile avionics designs including RF seekers; target trackers; missile decision logic; and guidance, navigation and control systems.
• Have experience writing and implementing RF seeker algorithms.
• Have experience developing and integrating physics-based RF seeker models into six degree of freedom missile simulations.
• Have RF hardware experience.
• Have an active Top Secret security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
- Primary Mission Area: Precision Strike
- Requisition ID: 27209
- Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Final Secret
- Final Security Clearance Required: Top Secret