Reporting to the Professor & Program Coordinator of HPER, Health and Wellness Sciences Division, under the supervision of the Athletic Director, the duties for the Sports Information Director will include being responsible for generating press releases and other sports information material to promote LCCC’s sports programs. Candidate must have effective and proficient writing and communication skills, along with working knowledge of LCCC Varsity/Club Sports stats and rules. Additional essential responsibilities include:
- Attendance at LCCC home varsity games (club games if possible).
- Communicate with LCCC coach by text, phone, or email after away events.
- Submit press releases after every home and away contest to local media contacts.
- Post updates on LCCC Athletics social media outlets during events.
- Produce LCCC Basketball Season programs and other sports programs if required.
- Promote LCCC Athletic program though establishment of good working relationship with local media outlets.
- Work with Athletic Director to develop ideas for publicity of LCCC Athletics and student-athletes.
- Represent LCCC in a professional manner.
Required Qualifications: A background and knowledge of sports that LCCC participates in is essential. Experience working in sports communication related field.
Preferred Qualifications: Ideas and actions to promote LCCC athletics would be desirable.