Requisition Id 4901
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Computational Imaging who will focus on developing advanced reconstruction algorithms of hyperspectral x-ray and neutron data using machine learning and artificial intelligence. This position resides in the Materials Engineering Group in the Neutron Scattering Division, Neutron Sciences Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- Research and develop new algorithms for computation imaging and tomography systems at ORNL
- Develop data-driven algorithms to enable feed-back control for computation imaging systems
- Actively participate in the research activities of the team
- Present scientific results at appropriate national and international conferences, publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health and quality program requirements
- Maintain strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer science or related disciplines completed no more than five years prior to the date of application.
- Computed tomography (CT) reconstruction algorithm development and it's application to real-world experimental datasets
- Experience in development of image formation and image processing algorithms
- Applicants must have received their PhD within five years of this application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment
- A strong record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- Experience with machine learning including deep learning and neural networks
- Programming background (C/C++,Python,TensorFlow/PyTorch)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in collaborative teams across the laboratory
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever changing needs
Applicants cannot have received their Ph.D. more than five years prior to the date of application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment. The appointment length will be up to 24 months with the potential for extension. Initial appointments and extensions are subject to performance and availability of funding.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.