Do you have experience researching engineering wireless communications?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Wireless Communications Research Engineer, you will...
- Conduct wireless communication systems engineering research activities in support of Cyber Operations, Special Operations, and Homeland Protection Mission Areas. You will be responsible for researching and developing innovative solutions for military and Government sponsors. Problem solving and analysis in areas related to telecommunications, remote sensing, anomaly detection, etc.
- Lead the research and development of innovative solutions to solve complex problems in the field of wireless communications. Identify appropriate algorithms and approaches for solving critical communications problems using advanced signal and data processing techniques. Develop software prototypes of signal processing algorithms.
- Document work in formal technical reports and informal memoranda. Present work to sponsors and the technical community.
- Support testing of prototype and operational systems working closely with sponsors to ensure mission success.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physical sciences, mathematics, or related technical discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in wireless communications engineering.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel within the continental United States. Also, travel to sponsor sites local to APL may be required.
- The ability to obtain a Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial and/or government wireless communications engineering.
- Hands-on experience in some combination of the following implementation languages: MATLAB, Python, Java, C++/C.
- Recent knowledge of DoD and/or intelligence community, sponsors, and programs.
- Active Secret clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
- Primary Mission Area: Cyber Operations
- Requisition ID: 22099
- Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Clearance not required
- Final Security Clearance Required: Secret